Jan Mitchell Larsen
Jan Mitchell Larsen majored in sculpture and design at the Philadelphia College of Art. Samples of her work can be seen in the Permanent Collection of the Smithsonian, the Thompson Museum in Kentucky, the National Guard Armory on St. Croix, Roosevelt Park on St. Thomas, and Veterans Park on St. Croix.
On Veterans Day in 2007, Governor John deJongh Jr. and Jan unveiled a bust of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt at the revamped Franklin D. Roosevelt Virgin Islands Veterans Memorial Park. This ceremony took place in Charlotte Amalie and is a testament to Jan’s creativity and dedication to her work.
Her Other Accomplishments
- Designed & Crafted Ornaments for the National Christmas Tree of Peace for the Past 15 Years
- Exhibited in the International Art Glass Invitational in St. Louis
- Had a VICA National Endowment to the Arts Grant
- Inducted into the Virgin Islands Hall of Fame in 2007
- Unveiled “Lady of Justice” on St. Croix
- Life-Size Bronze Marking the Entrance to the U.S. Federal Court Building
It’s not a coincidence that Mitchell Larsen Studio is selling Steffen Larsen’s Photographics. Steffen got his first camera at age 11. At 14, he built his own black-and-white photography darkroom. His cameras have traveled with him to just about everywhere, including Arctic and Antarctic expeditions, Central Africa, the Himalayas, Central America, Australia, India, and Laos.
- 1988—Settles on St Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- 1993—Buys His First Digital Camera
- 2003—Has His Photographics Displayed in Our Gallery
- Main Camera—Contax® 645 with Zeiss® Lenses & Phase One Digital P30+ Back
- Carry—Everywhere Camera-Fuji® S2 with Nikon® Lenses
- Printers—Epson® Pro 7600 & 9600 Ultrachrome
- Media—Epson Lustre Photo Paper
- Computer—Intel® Core7, 4MB RAM, & 2TB Storage
Contact Mitchell Larsen Studio in Christiansted, Virgin Islands, at (340) 719-1000 for more details about our touristy art glass studio.